All Planets of Our Solar System 🪐🌍
All Planets in Our Solar System List 🪐🌍
Of all planets in the solar system Earth is the only planet that supports life as we know it so we’d better look after it. As Henry David Thoreau, American writer and philosopher, said:
What is the Use of a House If You Haven’t Got a Tolerable Planet to Put it On?
ADDucation Tips: Explore all planets in our solar system by clicking column headings with arrows to sort all planets. Reload page for original sort order. Resize your browser to full screen and/or zoom out to display as many columns as possible. Click the ➕ icon to reveal any hidden columns. Set your browser to full screen and zoom out to display as many columns as possible.
|All planets||Mnemonic||Average Distance from Sun (millions miles)||Average Distance from Sun (millions km)||Orbital period around Sun (days)||Rotational period (days)||Mean diameter (miles)||Mean diameter (km)||Volume relative to Earth||Mass relative to Earth||Moons / Satellites||Rings|
|Uranus||Unique||1784||2871||30,687.15||0.72||31,518||50,724||67||14.54||27 Including 5 major moons:
- A Mnemonic is a memory technique to help you remember things. We’ve chosen: Many Very Educated Men Justify Stealing Unique Ninth to remember the order of all planets from the sun outwards. Check out the alternatives in our list of really useful mnemonics.
-  Jupiter’s rings are made of dust. There’s an inner torus of small particles, a main ring and an outer ring.
-  Jupiter’s inner group, the Galilean moons, are the 4 largest moons of Jupiter.
-  Jupiter has 79 moons to date, all named. Most of Jupiter’s moons are also in groups: Himalia, Ananka, Carme and Pasiphae groups.
-  82 Saturnian moons to date, 53 currently have names. Titan accounts for 96% of the total mass of all Saturnian moons and moonlets.
-  27 Uranian moons to date, all named and grouped: 5 major moons, 13 inner moons and 9 irregular moons.
-  14 Neptunian moons to date, all named. Triton accounts for 99.6% of the total mass of all Neptunian moons.
Dwarf Planets in Our Solar System List
|Dwarf planets||Discovered||Average Distance from Sun (millions miles)||Average Distance from Sun (millions km)||Orbital period around Sun (years)||Rotational period (days)||Mean diameter (miles)||Mean diameter (km)||Volume relative to Earth||Mass relative to Earth||Moons / Satellites||Rings|
 Pluto was downgraded to a dwarf planet in 2006.  Sets of rings.  Haumea is a Jacobi ellipsoid (similar to a rugby ball).  Nickname.
Related ADDucation Lists & Free Quizzes
- Interesting Facts About Our Universe…
- Play Among the Stars With Our Moon Quiz…
- All planets of our solar system in German: Alle Planeten…
- All planets list compiled by Joe Connor, last updated 17 Nov 2020.
- Help us improve this list of all planets in our Solar System by adding your comments below…