Earth & Space
Space & Earth General Knowledge
If you want to know the longest, highest or biggest anything ADDucation earth general knowledge lists are the place to look! Nearly everyone knows Mount Everest is the highest mountain in the world, and many of us would guess the Nile is the longest river but ADDucation lists also give you the second highest mountain, the third longest river, the fourth largest island and so on – where most of our general knowledge is as thin as the polar ice caps.
Planet Earth Is…
- Overpopulated. The global population passed 7 billion people in 2014 and in May 2019 passed 7,700,000,000 people. The human population has more than doubled since 1970. When Jesus was alive there were an estimated 170 million people alive which is roughly the same number of people that die each year from hunger and lack of clean water today!
- Struggling. The ozone layer is damaged, we’re losing over 10,000 species every YEAR (according to the WWF) and the polar ice caps are melting as a consequence of global warming.
- Beautiful! Our planet offers awe inspiring mountains and volcanoes, tropical rain forests, magnificent waterfalls and rivers, idyllic islands and vast oceans – not forgetting all the man-made wonders of the earth. Looking up to the sky we can also marvel at the sun, the moon, stars and the universe beyond.
5 Ways to ADDucate Yourself About Earth and Space
- Test your general knowledge with ADDucation FREE quizzes
- Revise what you’ve learnt and test your friends.
- Hundreds of GK Lists & Quizzes in 16 general knowledge categories.
- Find earth and space facts FAST using ADDucation’s real-time search, list sort and filters.
- ADDucation helps you read less and learn more about earth and space!
Like ADDUCATION on Facebook and we’ll keep making new quizzes and lists.