Rock & Pop
Rock & Pop Lists – Famous Musicians, Singers and Bands
The popular idiom “One mans meat is another man’s poison” applies to music tastes but, undeterred, the ADDucation team have put together lists of famous musicians featuring the best singers and pop and rock bands in history with almost no bias at all! All the famous musicians included are primarily based on their success in the music business. Any famous musicians we haven’t included feel free to suggest them in the comments below and we’ll consider adding them.
The Journey from Rock & Roll to Pop
Rock and roll’s origins are in country and western music way back in the 1920s already. During the 1940’s rhythm and blues was added to the mix after which performers like Fats Domino and Ray Charles added their twist which teenagers loved and their parents not so much and the generation gap established rock music as a symbol of protest and non-conformity.
During the 1950s Elvis established himself as the “King of Rock and Roll” with his suggestively gyrating pelvis and in the 1960s it was The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, The Who and other famous musicians who continued the genre as “pop” (Popular) music which saw the emergence of pop bands, boy bands and solo singers who also became famous musicians.
5 Ways to ADDucate Yourself Rock & Pop Famous Musicians
- Test your general knowledge with ADDucation FREE quizzes.
- Revise what you’ve learnt and test your friends.
- Hundreds of GK Lists & Quizzes in 16 general knowledge categories.
- Find facts about famous musicians FAST using ADDucation’s real-time search, list sort and filters.
- ADDucation helps you read less and learn more about famous musicians!